Tips to reduce Spiders:
An Integrated Pest Management (IPM) approach, including prevention, sanitation, and exclusion, that reduce insects will also help to reduce spiders both directly and indirectly—by reducing the "food" on which they prey.
Spiders tend to spin their webs in quiet, secluded areas. To discourage such nesting in and around your home:
- Keep firewood and logs away from the home
- Clean up leaves and other organic debris from around the yard
- Trim back any trees and shrubs that contact the home
- Caulk or otherwise seal cracks and gaps in the home’s structure
- Reduce or eliminate piles of papers, boxes, bags and other clutter to reduce potential harbourage areas